Have you ever had the pregnancy scare in a relationship b4?

Borashi

I remember 2 years ago I was dating a girl who didn't get her period for 8 weeks, those sure were the longest weeks of my life. I remember thinking about how I wasn't ready to be a dad, and how I didn't really want to have a kid with a girl who I cared about, but knew I wasn't going to marry. This taught me an important lesson which is to always use protection, throughout that relationship protection wasn't used, and I guess I'm kind of lucky I escaped out of that relationship without the obligation of having a child for my stupidity of not using protection. In the heat of the moment it might feel "good" but you don't want to be caught in a mistake that your not ready for. Protection its cheap and it works...

I've had the pregnancy scare. It was my second time having sex, and I guess my period skipped a month. I was terrified, knowing I used protection, it hadn't ripped or anything, but somehow I had gotten pregnant. Luckily, it was a scare. The sad this is, the guy was 24, so he was REALLY flipping out. Yeah, I don't like the idea of sex anymore. I have all my life, I don't need it now.

under*

I never had a real pregnancy scare, because I always used birth control. I know that at times thinking about it, there would have been some truly awful times to have got my girlfriend pregnant, and even though there were no incidents or moments, the concern was there that a birth control method would fail.

That aside, you might want to consider this.

I have three kids, all planned. When my wife and I decided it was time to have a child, we decided when we wanted the child to be born (I wanted the first to have a birthday at the beginning of July for example) so we went off birth control at the appropriate time. Invariably, all three times, my wife was pregnant withing the week, and we did nothing 'different' to promote fertility. We would have sex every 2 or 3 days, so that means that the child was conceived in each case in at most 3 sessions.

All I am doing here is illustrating the some women (and yes, I suppose by example some men) are extremely fertile, and you will not get away with unprotected sex.

If you want, you can combine birth control methods to further decrease the chance of conception. It's a good idea to use condoms regardless, because of possible STD transfer. Combining that with a 'female' method (such as the pill, or an IUD) will make it extremely unlikely that she gets pregnant.

Wow, your wife was SUPER fertile (or your swimmers were determined!). It can be hard to conceive when you want to sometimes from what I hear, some people take forever!

But Ash is right, some women are just very very fertile - even on combined pills, or the patch, they will STILL ovulate and still get pregnant (without even missing a dose!), so doubling up is always advised if you are definitely trying to avoid a pregnancy.