I'm So Frigging Happy!

Just in case you don't know me, I like to pop onto this board every so often to remind people that there is life after breakups and exes. So many people,myself included,thought when I first came here that I would never be really happy again, that I would never love anyone as much as the ex. I cried every day for 4 months - not just sniffles and tears running down my face. Oh no, I sobbed and sobbed EVERY day for 4 months. My best friend who I worked with at the time was so kind to me. I don't know how I held my job down. My face looked so bad by 4 months that I had Botox around my eyes because I had this terrible puffiness. (I'm not likely to afford the Botox again for quite some time, but my face doesn't look so sad anymore). I AM HAPPY! I have somebody in my life who I already knew for quite some time. Even if I didn't have him in my life, I can see today that the ex really wasn't that great. In fact, I know what I saw in him, but I don't value those qualities today,and I would be so bored and unsatisfied if I was with him. Just know that if you are miserable right now, you won't always feel that way. HUGS.

Thank you! It's very nice to hear that my tears after 3 months aren't so abnormal and I'm not losing my mind. I can't wait to feel how you say - knowing why you felt what you did, but not having him up on that pedestal anymore thinking you have lost the greatest thing that ever happened to me. One day I hope I will feel the same as you.

Thank you and well done!!!

Congratulations, Silverbirch. It's great to get to that point after a break up.

Just know that if you are miserable right now, you won't always feel that way.

Absolutely. I'm HAPPY these days, too! I don't have a special somebody in my life, which is fine. I am very much enjoying life AND singledom.

Archived