Date One...

Crusader9

So I met this girl a while back online, and we both faded in different directions; no big deal about that. However, fast forward a few months, we connected again, and decided to meet up for drinks. We had a couple of drinks, some food, spent 3 hours out laughing, having fun...just a good first date/meet (whatever you wan to call it!).

After the date, I get a text saying she had fun, thanked me for the night, and I texted back and said thanks too.

I didn't text the next day...too early to text the 2nd day and try and figure out a second date? I'm pretty sure I've got a second date out of this. Thoughts?

You should call or text her if you want to see her again. Now is not too soon. I've had guys ask me on a 2nd date when I've been on the first date with them and I found it incredibly sweet and it came accross as if they were interested at the time.

So yes... text or call her! Today!

I agree... the 2nd day is not too soon, especially if she is interested... if you wait too long she will think you are not.

A lot of people will say to call her, they are right, I hate the phone, literally hate calling people, even my close family... LOL.. I think my job did it to me. Anyways so try the text if you prefer, I would. My suggestions is text her something you two laughed about on your date, like bring something up that was funny or anything to initiate the conversation rather than just asking for a 2nd date right away. This will give you a feel for her by her replies and how she is acting... then go from there. Make it fun instead of that nervous uncomfortable feel.

Thanks for the feedback! I did give her a quick text (neither of us like talking on the phone!), and she responded back, but when I answered, she never got back to me. I never got to the point to ask her out...now I don't want to text again today...I may wait to she if she gets back to me....

It seems that you learned that this girl is not as interested in you as you are in her. While I dont think that anything is wrong with showing your interest, she gave you little if any indication that you should ask her out again. You two had a good time that included some laughs but her thanking you for the evening didnt show her interest.

There is no rush after you go on a date to initiate another date, this doesnt mean that you cannot contact her it just means that see how she responds to you prior to asking her out on the next date.

Archived