Is This Normal Behavior From An Age 25 Woman?

LastMan

Been in absolute No Contact for about a week with my ex of 3 years, she dumped my ass 3 months ago. Since then, it's been 1 month of me chasing like a fool, then 2 months of low contact concerning financial/moving out issues.

The story behind us is that I cheated, she pretended to forgive me and then ditched me for her younger co-worker.

Just last night, I received 3 calls from a "blocked" number on my iPhone. I answered the first time, said hello and was greeted with creepy silence of about 3 seconds before they hung up. Then a second call, this time 7 seconds of creepy silence before the hang up. And finally, the third call rang twice and disconnected before I could pick up.

At the time, I wasn't even thinking that it could be her, just curious as to who would call from a blocked number. After pondering it, I figured it must've been my crazy mother. I called my mother and she was utterly clueless as to what I was talking about.

So it has to be my ex. Anybody ever been on the receiving end of this kind of behavior? What does it mean? And why would a relatively mature 25 yr old woman do this?

You don't know for sure that it's her. If it is her I don't think stalking is restricted to a particular age group. Maybe it's her new boyfriend trying to creep you out. Or maybe it's just someone with bad phone reception trying to get through to you. Wait and see if it happens again.

For starters you don't know it's her. I got calls like that before (turns out it was my creepy aunt who isn't all too well). The other ones happened when I was way younger and I eventually traced the call to a random house (we were allowed to trace it from the cops who got involved) and it was just prank calls.

Secondly, you cheated on her so I don't know why you sound so angry with her. She didn't "pretend" to forgive you. I think what she did was see if she could forgive you. Maybe she thought she could, but maybe now she doesn't want to be with you, since cheating is usually the one thing in relationships that tears them apart.

You can't be angry with her if your the one who did the damage. She has every right to date someone else now. What if she cheated on you? You'd not trust her either.

Just to clarify, I'm not angry at her and I didn't mean to come accross that way. I'm not making any excuses for the cheating incident, it was a weak and stupid moment on my part. I actually want the best for her, I want her to "win", even if it's with someone else.

But I've had this number for years and have never received any sort of "Blocked" call before all of this break up drama. Sure, I've had wrong numbers but this actually appeared on the screen as BLOCKED with no other information. Knowing my limited social circle and acquaintances, I'm 80 percent sure that its her.

Even if she did 'pretend' to forgive you what she was probably trying to accomplish was to show you how it feels to be cast aside for someone else.

I don't think it was pretend. Some people want to forgive, but realize they lost trust and can't get it back. They also feel its "over". So maybe she thought she could forgive you, but couldn't.

btw, i have gotten blocked calls from telemarketers - its silence if there is a long wait before the system senses that someone picked up and routes a telemarketer my way.

I don't think it was pretend. Some people want to forgive, but realize they lost trust and can't get it back. They also feel its "over". So maybe she thought she could forgive you, but couldn't.

btw, i have gotten blocked calls from telemarketers - its silence if there is a long wait before the system senses that someone picked up and routes a telemarketer my way.

This is true. It's hard to stay with someone once you've been dealt this kind of blow.

@LastMan, don't you think that's a lot to go through to find out who's hanging up on you?

Archived