would you....

adarkplace

give someone the time of the day if they want to meet up with you to "explain/discuss" their decision further?

Background is she broke up with me around 4 weeks ago, i went NC got a few messages here and there and was invited out for a drink for her to "discuss/explain" things....i dont really see the point so I basically said im busy and cant..

what do you think the motive of this is as when we broke up she made her position fairly clear and her reasons behind it?

over time when people have space to think, they realize things about themselves, you, and the relationship & breakup as a whole. she probably wanted to just discuss it or wanted to explain things better.

i asked for this kind of meet up and he agreed. it helped me move on once i was able to get everything out

give someone the time of the day if they want to meet up with you to "explain/discuss" their decision further?

Depends. I think mostly on who left who, and how it ended.

Background is she broke up with me around 4 weeks ago, i went NC got a few messages here and there and was invited out for a drink for her to "discuss/explain" things....i dont really see the point so I basically said im busy and cant..

Well, if she left you, then I think your reply was ok. If you're happy with it.

A discussion is different from an explanation.

If you are interested in getting back together then I think it's worth meeting, but perhaps say to her you're interested in meeting if it's a discussion. But not if it's more explanation - she didn't want to be in the relationship anymore so unless something has changed, you are focused on healing and moving on, which means that you will accept and respect her decision by leaving her alone.

what do you think the motive of this is as when we broke up she made her position fairly clear and her reasons behind it?

She might have rethought her position and want to see where you stand with respect to trying again, but then I think she should be clearer about it. Or she's feeling guilty and just wants to unload on you to help her feel better about breaking up, in which case I would just leave her alone.

i think its her trying to justify the decision to me and hence to herself. and wanting to see if the option is still there SHOULD she decide to change her mind. I dont want to give her that option as I believe im worth more than that. so i think its prob best to just leave it for now although at some point in the next 2 weeks i do have to exchange stuff with her

Archived