1 year today

Im so glad I read this post because I really dont know if my ex cries over me or feels sad and it just feels like he has probably moved on. we have been split up six months and have no contact. Im glad fellas have fellas have feelings too. Sorry for what you are going through but you do come out the other end. Do you ever feel like contacting her? I always wonder if he will ever contact me again. So sad myself. My world feels upside down without him but every day I realise it probably is for the best.

i for one have accepted that its going to take forever to get over this girl and beacuse of that im ok most of the time and even manage a smile occasionally

Steve, I totally get what you're saying. An important part of my healing has been accepting that my ex, even if I never see her again, is now part of who I am. That's not to say that I can't have a better relationship in the future, or that my ex deserves a lot of real estate in my head, but there are some people we encounter that we'll never abolish from our minds/souls, and accepting this is freeing.

Tomorrow will be a year and a half for me. I'm not fully back to being myself, but I've come a long, long way, and you will too. Wishing you all the best.

Archived