Can Ex's ever be friends?

lonelyheart2

It is possible once a significant amout of time has passed. Though it has been mentioned time and time again on here, are we talking friendship as in hanging out and keeping in touch regular, or more casual aquaintance?

Regardless of that, don't look at it from his point of view, look at it from yours.

If he introduced you to his new girlfriend... Would you be happy for him?

That should answer your question about whether you are ready to be friends.

Right off the bat after the break-up? No.

There is always some residual feelings on one or either side that will interfere with the friendship and ruin it.

After time has passed and you can confidently say that neither of you feels anything for each other anymore, then yes, exes can be friends.

But this is often quite a long way down the road, months, even years away.

it's been abotu 5 months and a bit and I have just replied to a couple of messages from him but know I could never hang out with him in person in a friendly way yet. I'm just wondering if is normal for a guy to be able to send messages to his ex girlfriend after this amount of time and feel nothing but friendship?

I had an ex who I lived with for 3 years. We had an AWFUL break-up. But after maybe.. 2 years? of NC, we are now best of friends. We actually text each other every day that we love one another. He's a great man, just not a great boyfriend for me. It's a really amazing feeling to be close to someone you loved at one point or another, and have no other agenda but being friends.

I had an ex who I lived with for 3 years. We had an AWFUL break-up. But after maybe.. 2 years? of NC, we are now best of friends. We actually text each other every day that we love one another. He's a great man, just not a great boyfriend for me. It's a really amazing feeling to be close to someone you loved at one point or another, and have no other agenda but being friends.

are you sure he thinks like you? who dumped who?

are you sure he thinks like you? who dumped who?

I broke it off with him first. Then he broke it off with me a few months after. And yes, there is absolutely no motive between either of us...trust me, there has been many of opportunities and neither of us moved upon it. Plus, we talk about sex stuff with other people, and give each other relationship advice. I don't think he'd put himself through that much torture for 2 years.

Archived