Feeling depressed and lonely..

hopelessxnow

Hello World,

I feel extremely alone right now. I have awesome friends and, even though they're quite superficial friendships, they're constantly around. I have a handful of real friends whom I can bond with on a deeper level and share everything with but they're miles away now so I don't see them as often and one of them isn't speaking to me for now.

Basically, all I want is a girlfriend to just share my life with. For some reason, I can't seem to find anyone. I have an active social life but also a very very busy work life. I'm a university student with a part time job so I go out clubbing once a week and each week I'm just so unsuccessful at meeting new girls who are interested. It's such an awful feeling seeing your friends easily go home with a new chick every week when all I want is one decent girl and get nothing. I'll admit I'm not a "chick-magnet" but I'm not ugly either - I've been with quite a few decent girls in the past. Suddenly however, and I have no idea what happened, I have just been completely unsuccessful or just really unfortunate. It's just not happening for me. Every day I feel miserable and to be honest, it's just gotten to the point where I've accepted that I won't be finding anyone soon. If I'm going to be alone then I at least want to know how I can be alone and happy. I hate feeling like I need someone to be happy.

I totally relate to you. Last night I almost had a nervous breakdown because I've been under a lot of stress and I'm depressed every day. I think part of the reason is because of me and my ex's breakup, it's making me terrible. I don't really have the desires to do anything too. I just want a guy who will treat me right because when I was in a relationship, I was the happiest girl. Talking to a therapist helps...I haven't seen one in awhile though or you could take happy pills lol I've never done those so I don't know what it is. A therapist would be your best bet out of anything, maybe they can help you or see if they can maybe have an idea if you have a disorder or depression maybe. But just try to get out and enjoy the world. You only live once....don't wast this life being miserable, make the most out of it.

I can absolutely relate to you. The thing is I was relatively happy and content till I met a guy at the end of summer and we dated for 3 months. I ended the relationship because he began taking me for granted very quickly at the point when I knew I was beginning to have deep feelings for him. He cut me off instantly by blocking my calls and texts. The nightmares and panic attacks are over for the most part. Now I just feel so hollow within some days and I can't get pleasure out of the things that made me happy before. I live in a different country from my family and though I can always call them, I feel alone and very sad. I hate to think I am depressed but I really just may be. These days I just feel empty inside. I am also deeply hurt that he cut me off. It has been the coldest experience I've ever been through. I know this guy has some deep seated issues and that I should count myself lucky for courageously ending it but I truly did care about him and I miss him. I don't want a boyfriend for at least a year, but I constantly think about men and relationships. I just want this feeling of emptiness and sadness and confusion to go away. I've had three therapy sessions. I hate them cause they are so short and I always feel cut off just when I start opening up to her. I have 10 free sessions with my student insurance plan. The next one is Tuesday. I don't look forward. I just want the strength to get out of bed so I don't fail this semester. I'm just so lonely, sad and scared.

I hear ya, I'm taking my busiest semester in arguably the hardest undergraduate major and had to deal with a depressed (suicidal) girlfriend. Other than that she was the PERFECT girlfriend, treated me like a * * * * en king and I would do anything for her in return. Then she dumped me out of the blue right as her depression was getting better. I've been going out every single weekend but it just isn't helping.... none of the girls I meet are my type, maybe it is because my ex was someone who would drink yet did it just on occasion and I'm meeting drunken * * * * s. None of them make me feel better, rather they make me feel worse and I'm wondering how far I will have to look to find a girl who is compatible.... I try to think of flaws we had in our relationship but they are so few and so minor it erks me more.

I gave myself 100% to my gf when she was severely depresssed in hopes of helping, while I think I did it ended in her dumping me. Now it feels like there is a massive void and everything I use to be able to do back when just seems so much more lonely, no one to celebrate your minor successes with or to cheer you up in your failures. I know the odds of getting my ex back are super super slim to none so I'm trying to move on. It is hard though because I finally realize how amazing a serious relationship is and what it means to have a partner, but with relocating in the next 8 months I know it won't happen in the upcoming time frame.

Archived