How do I keep sex from consuming my thoughts?

BarbieGirl9897

I led a sheltered life and fell into the wrong crowd at college. I'm not proud of my past and I envy these women who have only been with 4 men. I'm in a committed relationship with a man who doesn't care about sex and I'll be honest--that was new to me. He isn't cheating, or have no evidence or reason to suspect he is, but I see him as a way to tame my wild side and start anew.

How do I start managing my sex drive a little more?

I led a sheltered life and fell into the wrong crowd at college. I'm not proud of my past and I envy these women who have only been with 4 men. I'm in a committed relationship with a man who doesn't care about sex and I'll be honest--that was new to me. He isn't cheating, or have no evidence or reason to suspect he is, but I see him as a way to tame my wild side and start anew.

How do I start managing my sex drive a little more?

You like sex...there's no putting the genie back in the bottle now... He might like your wild side...now and then!

I am not a psychologist but whenever we go without something for a long time, we tend to think about it more: water, food, sex, alcohol. I see nothing wrong with having a healthy sex drive. So the question then becomes does your partner satisfy you sexually? Also, are you happy with other aspects of your life? ie. work, social life, etc?

A lot of people only have experience with relationships based on looks, physical attraction, and sex. If that's what your experience has been and now you're with someone who only sees that as one component of a relationship it will be something to get used to, but it's makes for a better relationship overall - give it a try.

Archived