i need help fast i am so stupid

hi i am a senior in school i was in the counselers office getting papers and this new girl was there she kept looking at me and i did the "chicken" and looked away ( stupid i know but i have always been shy) the other big reason i didn't say anything was her mom was sitting there and there were some people around. but she went to talk with a teacher i know, so i am going to try to find out her name and her schedule in school, so if i find it should i try to "bump into her" "accidently" in the hall in passing time? or what i am extremily shy and i am afraid of making a fool of myself. please e-mail me a.s.a.p.

Hey 65coupestang,

If you play it too safe, you won't get anywhere. Don't be afraid to make a fool of yourself. Sometimes, when you try to make a fool of yourself, you come over as really cool and confident. And if this time you flop, you'll just be learning. Remember, too, that she's probably even MORE nervous that she'll make a fool out of herself.

Have fun being a fool!

• 2 weeks later...

i walked up to her in passing time in between clases and asked her if she was new here, her and a girl next to her both said" me?" so i said you, as in the one i liked so we started talking and before she went into her clas i asked her if she wanted to hang out some time she said yea so i got her phone number. here i fouund out she isn't new she lives in the district ( for how long i don't know ) but she went to a cathloic school around here ( yes i love the school girl thing )