Looking for peoples opinions on situation

kimba555

Hi

Have been with my partner for 6 years, 2/1/2 years ago found out I had chlamydia, both got treated, i retested neg but he didn't get a retest done. Had smear and swabs done last week and I've tested positive for chlamydia again. Have both been back at docs to get treatment and she said there was a very very small chance it may not have cleared from him and because he never got retested we'll never know. Numerous questions have been asked in the past few days and he has told me straight out to my face he hasn't cheated. Would love to hear people's views on my situation, its doing my head in and don't want to give up on my relationship but am very confused. He's never given me any reason to think he has been cheating and has shown no weird signs, nor has our relationship/sex life been weird in the past two years. We've had disagreements as all couples to but nothing to make me think somethings odd here. Ideas please??????

Just did some research on google for you. Here's a small part you may find useful:

"How common is chlamydia?

Chlamydia is the most frequently reported bacterial sexually transmitted disease in the United States. In 2009, 1,244,180 chlamydial infections were reported to CDC from 50 states and the District of Columbia. Under-reporting is substantial because most people with chlamydia are not aware of their infections and do not seek testing. Also, testing is not often done if patients are treated for their symptoms. An estimated 2.8 million infections occur annually in the U.S. Women are frequently re-infected if their sex partners are not treated."

When he got treated, did he go the full course? Your doctor could be correct when she says it may not have cleared 100% in him. Do some research on google, there's tons of info on the topic there.

Thanks for that, as far as i know he did take the full course, but then i wasn't with him all the time so maybe not, my doctor suggested we both take the antibotics at the same time this time, both get retested at the same time and start fresh so to speak, its hard as i don't want to give up on a good relationship but don't want to be naive and stupid in the process if that makes sense

Archived