I thought we were divorced, but

Jetta

My work has a tax portion and it says I'm married but legally seperated filing as a single. Now how would that happen? We both thought we were divorced, went to court the judge declared it and we left. Could he have changed the documents to legal seperation? How would I find out if I'm really divorced or if I'm just legally seperated. Could the company have made a mistake? If they haven't this could really be problematic, I mean he's remarried! Where do I go to find out the actual facts?

Looks like the admin person at your job accidentally check-marked the wrong section. Just tell her that you are divorced filing as single. She will correct her mistake.

Why don't you have a copy of your divorce decree? I have mine in my safe locked up in case I ever need to see it for any reason...it's obsolete at this point tho.

Looks like the admin person at your job accidentally check-marked the wrong section. Just tell her that you are divorced filing as single. She will correct her mistake.

Why don't you have a copy of your divorce decree? I have mine in my safe locked up in case I ever need to see it for any reason...it's obsolete at this point tho.

I agree this is a clerical error.

We bookkeepers/office admins don't have access to your actual forms, we just go on the info we are provided by you/HR. A simple missread of the forms/failure to input an update in your status/plain old fashioned typo has caused this. (which by the way is NO BIGGIE) this isn't going to effect you at all, promise. Just let them know to fix the mistake (and follow up to make sure it was fixed)

You can obtain a copy of your final decree of divorce from the court in which the divorce was granted. That would be the court where you went before the judge. There is a fee for this. You need to check with the court on how much the fee is and you need to know the date of the final divorce....chi

Archived