Is it to early to go out on a date

So I broke up with my ex almost two weeks ago after 1.5 years. It was a very nasty breakup but I ended up doing the breakup.

Just yesterday I met this girl when I went in for a free hypnotherapy session (She was the therapist).

Shes a awesome chick and we really connected. I didn't leave my number but she had it on file and contacted me. She was asking if I wanted to go to her birthday in a few weeks and if I wanted to catch up tonight to chat about details.

Now I'm pretty sure she is into me but i'm taking things slow.

So do you guys think its to early to go out for a casual date?

I think that if she was your therapist and not someone you met as a peer, that it is inappropriate for her to ask you to her birthday. The exception is if something the business/practice is putting on as an open house style event and inviting clients and friends. And therefore others would be invited to. Think of it as if your counselor, doctor, or chiropractor asked you to come to their birthday at their home or a friends home? I would be personally weirded out if someone in the medical or alternative medicine field that I did a session with asked me out. I think that if she were a psychotherpist and not a hypnotherapist, you would already have decided it was a big "no". If you like, make it a point to attend open houses or special events the practice has, but I wouldn't go to this.

Should clarify she isn't my therapist she was just running a free session as part of completing her training.

Therapist for me is a big no-no. They know way to much about me

Still. she is supposed to exercise confidentiality and not cross the lines. Even though it is a free session, she is supposed to conduct herself professionally. especially if anything about your recent break up came up - and she sort of looked at it as an opportunity.

Anyway, I know we don't agree on that. But I still think its too soon. Don't distract yourself from your healing.

Archived