Im devastated

smile2day

I recently found out my boyfriend of not even a year is bored in bed. we've almost been together 11months and already hes bored of me. im 20 and he 21. He's the most amazing person and it kills me cause thats never once crossed my mind. Now i feel that this relationship wont last and i never thought about it ending before. but now its clear. Anyone ever been through this from both sides? what did you do? can it be fixed? we've done everything in bed so its kind of hard to spice things up thats why i feel lost. taking this extremely personally. need advice.

Thanks in advance everyone.

I don't think it's a good sign. You should keep in mind though that it's not your fault and it's a problem with your bf's expectations. Some people are rarely satisfied for any significant length of time and need to move from one thing to another to get the fleeting excitement they need before it runs out and they have to move on to something else. It could be a phase that he grows out of in his 30's or never. There's nothing you can do to fix it, it's about him and his expectations. Sure, he could probably suggest a few things that would keep him interested temporarily, but if after only 11 months he's already telling you this, I would let him go.

You say you recently found out. Did he tell you? Or did he tell a friend and it got back to you? Either way, it looks like it's time to have a chat w/ him, not look for answers outside of your relationship. Bored in bed isn't about variety/positions, it's about connection.

A year in? I don't think that's terribly unusual. Why not ask him how he'd like to spice things up? You can dress up... you can role play... there are hundreds of positions on the Internet and in the Kama Sutra... Buy a copy of Cosmo! They are always talking about this subject...

Nothing to take personally. But definitely something to work on. Sounds like a fun project to me!

I don't think it's a good sign. You should keep in mind though that it's not your fault and it's a problem with your bf's expectations. Some people are rarely satisfied for any significant length of time and need to move from one thing to another to get the fleeting excitement they need before it runs out and they have to move on to something else. It could be a phase that he grows out of in his 30's or never. There's nothing you can do to fix it, it's about him and his expectations. Sure, he could probably suggest a few things that would keep him interested temporarily, but if after only 11 months he's already telling you this, I would let him go.

agree.. early 20s is tricky for guys and girls.. i had some of the most beautifull girls in my early 20s.. and i would get bored.. just because i was hunting and exploring my manhood so to say.. always trying and dating new girls...

I don't agree that this is just his problem, nor is it just yours. This is something that needs to be resolved by working together.

agree.. if both of you are mature and want it enough, this is the only way u can get pass this..

Archived