ex contacted my friend asking about me..

I was traveling last week and one of my friends told me that my ex texted him and he wanted to know when I would be back. We have been broken up for about 2 and a half months. I had this trip booked before we split so he knew the general timeframe when I would be gone. He hasn’t contacted me at all and I know it doesn’t matter but I can't help feeling so curious as to why he would want to know..and why he would reach out to my friend and ask. It's been 3 days since he texted my friend. We have been completely no contact since the breakup..and he has no reached out to me at all these past few days. I am thankful he has not contacted me..I feel I am in a good place right now and I don’t know what that would do to my progress in this healing process. But this whole situation has left me wondering..why? Even though I know it's irrelevant and I should care..I can't help but wonder! GRRR

I should imagine Its natural reaction when this happen to wonder 'why'

As long as you don't act on it and don't let it become all consuming, then you're doing fine

Make sure your friends know to ignore any text from him regarding how you are or what you are doing.

If they are mutual friends and feel they should reply. A simple 'yeah they're doing fine' and then change the subject will suffice.

Yeah i'm not obsessing over it..just can't help but wonder. I suppose it's natual to wonder 'why'. I have no urge to act on it..text him or reach out in any way.

I am not curious as to whether or not he wants me back, I have no interest in a romantic relationship at all. We had a mutual breakup and both agreeded it wasnt going to work. He has been looking to move and get a new job for quite some time and I am wondering if he is finally making those things happen for himself and hope that he is in a good place.

Thanks for the advice!

Archived