where there's love there's hope??

loulou37

I know everyone is going to jump on me and tell me just to let go, get on with my life, obviously easier said than done.

i would like some opinions...

How many of you believe the saying "where there's love there's hope"

My ex said he still loved me....should i hold on to hope of reconciliation or should i just let it go?

Thanks

loulou x

Lou Lou, the only thing that went wrong when you met up with him was talk about the relationship and indicating you still wanted it. Expressing to him YOUR desire will not make him want to commit. What will, is recreating that desire within him. As sad as it is to say, as humans we want what we can't have and what he can have doesn't have as much appeal to us. I don't think he sees you as being happy with yourself, or more so being able to be happy without him. I don't think you exhibited that behavior when in his presence. That would have shown strength and independence and that is VERY attractive and appealing. As men (we are hunters), it makes us want to work harder to win over the woman we love. When things are balanced when in a relationship, this doesn't really apply, but seeing between the two of you, there is an imbalance in your feelings, you needed to put things on an even playing field with him, by not only ACTING perfectly okay with the status quo, but BEING perfectly okay with it. Never ask someone else WHERE you guys stand. Stand in your shoes and be perfectly okay with how things are at the moment. What you did was put pressure on a guy who has serious doubts as it already is. If you would have been upbeat and happy and shown him that you were doing well, he would want MORE of that. That would be you creating a desire in him, rather than telling him your desire. Our feelings never get back our ex's. How we make THEM feel is what gets them back. This can be argued on this site, but this is what works. Cold hard facts.

Now, I don't know how things were left off. He now may not want to see you again right away, because he probably doesn't want to deal with those emotions of yours. It smells of desperation and he will run away from that. He will feel guilty and guilt doesn't bring back our ex lover. Providing emotional fulfillment while remaining INDEPENDENT is what does. FACT.

Archived