Thinking about asking coworker out

Sam _

My coworker and I don't work in the same area; she is a pharmacist and I run the store cafeteria. We don't talk a lot, maybe a handful of times every month or two and have been talking since a little bit after I was hired a year ago. A few months back I opened up to her, saying I was frustrated and (when she asked why) I admitted that I've been having a difficult time meeting a decent girl. When I told her that, we haven't talked but a few times before. Occassionally she asks how things are going with finding a girl, but that was maybe two or three times total. At one point she was asking me what I look for, including asking something along the lines of if I would date a girl with kids. I told her I would and elaborated by stating that I would try and see if I like how they are as a parent; if they're responsible, caring, and basically a good mother. She is a mother of two, only a few years older than me. She had also mentioned once that she has a hard time meeting people too since kids and work take up all of her time.

She is a very friendly person and gets along with almost everyone. She usually has a smile on her face, but I've noticed that she has a smile whenever she and I look at each other. Sometimes it seems like she is smiling at me rather than just in-general and something in the back of my head says that she occassionally would look down a bit when she does, but I don't really know for sure. I'm thinking maybe I should discount the last part since it is like I remember it but don't recall it.

I've haven't really payed attention to any of it, or her in that way, until a little over a month ago. I haven't really gotten to talk with her 1-on-1 for a while, but have been wanting to ask her for her number so we can talk outside of work some time just to get to know each other. I'm thinking about asking her out, but would prefer getting to know her and hanging out with her a few times first. Any ideas on how I should ask for her number or something?

I was thinking about:

**Just going up to the Pharmacy when she is working and either handing her a note or just asking her for her number or something (when I'm off-duty). Don't know about that since she loves her work and Pharmacy is usually insanely busy; don't want to interrupt since I know I would get bugged if someone interrupted my work flow and, possibly, contributed in me not finishing my work.

**Slipping a folded note in her car window in the parking lot for her to find when she gets off

**Just asking the next time we're on break or run into each other again. But I don't know if I should only if it is just us or not.

I'd say 1. Don't force it

Do you mean "1" as in just go up to the pharmacy, or do you mean "1: Don't force it"? I wouldn't force it anyway, I was just gonna be like "if you want to talk some time outside of work, text me any time" with my cell number. Just a casual outing first or go on and ask her on a date? I was thinking of just asking her to a movie, saying that I think it would be cool to hang out and just talk and saying how I remember she said she doesn't get much down-time.

LDRohonos, that's great! Here's another:

A girl asks her boyfriend to come over Friday night and have dinner with her parents. Since this is such a big event, the girl tells him that after dinner, she would like to have sex with him for the first time.

The boy is ecstatic, but he has never had sex before, so he takes a trip to the pharmacy to get some condoms. The pharmacist helps the boy for about half an hour. He tells the boy everything there is to know about condoms and sex. At the register, the pharmacist asks the boy how many condoms he’d like to buy a 3-pack, 10-pack or family pack. The boy insists on the family pack because he thinks he will be rather busy, it being his first time and all.

That night, the boy shows up at the girls parents house and meets his girlfriend at the door. “Oh, I’m so excited for you to meet my parents! Come on in!”

The boy goes inside and is taken to the dinner table where the girl’s parents are seated. The boy quickly offers to say grace and bows his head. A minute passes, and the boy is still deep in prayer, with his head down 10 minutes pass, and still no movement from the boy.

Finally, after 20 minutes with his head down, the girlfriend leans over and whispers to the boyfriend, “I had no idea you were this religious.”

The boy turns, and whispers back, “I had no idea your father was a pharmacist!”

Archived