I believe I did the right thing

Not too long ago I made a thread in another forum. Basically to sum it up, out of 8 months of NC from LC, my ex decided to reconnect with me. At first we were supposed to go out for a drink, but then he suggested that I go to his dorm room instead for a drink there. I said no to the dorm room, but we could meet for a drink.

The problem was, ever since that conversation a few days ago, I just felt bothered. My best friend sensed that something was bothering me. I felt that all the progress I made was going to be for nothing because the pain started to kick in HARD. My heart races every time I see him message me on facebook.

So late last night I decided to simply tell him the truth about where I stood even after all this time. I told him that "I was not ready to be friends because I still have lingering feelings. In order for friendship to work, we'd have to feel the same about each other. Maybe someday we could be friends or maybe not. Either way I'm not comfortable with seeing you."

He responded saying that he figured as much and if that was what I wished.

So after a week of talking, I just decided to change my cell number, unfriend BUT NOT BLOCK. My settings on my facebook are locked up tight and so are his so we cannot see any wall posts, pictures and the like. Should I just go ahead and block him too? Being realistic here, I just do not want to deal with him right NOW, but I feel as though one day we can be friends.

. Should I just go ahead and block him too? Being realistic here, I just do not want to deal with him right NOW, but I feel as though one day we can be friends.

You're doing the right thing in terms of giving yourself some distance and telling him why.

In case he changes his mind and wants to try again, do you want to leave an avenue of communication open to him?

You said you changed your number already. I guess he can still email you, right?

DD

In case he changes his mind and wants to try again, do you want to leave an avenue of communication open to him?

You said you changed your number already. I guess he can still email you, right?

DD

I've had quite a bit of time to think about everything that has happened between us. By trying again, I'm assuming him speeding up my willingness to connect as a friend, because if it's anything else I'm not going to be willing to. But he just recently broke up with some girl he was with for almost a year I think. Literally the day he broke up with her he contacted me. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Other than facebook, he has no way of reaching me unless he has the gall to come to my job or my home.

Archived