It's been two days since we broke up.

Little lady

I packed up half of her stuff and the other half of her stuff is inside. Her and her parents are going to come get the big stuff once I'm at work. It sucks that we lived together! This is the second time in three years I've been broken up with. I feel sad a lot, but upset as well.

Any helpful coping mechanisms?

We were with each other a year and a half and she decided we had too many problems and we couldn't get over them.

I'm still pretty bummed, I guess she wasn't 'in love' with me. Just two weeks ago she was talking about marrying me! CONSTANTLY.

It's just a shocker you, know?

We did have our problems, many it was with her family. Mainly them excluding me from 'family' trips because they were too 'special'

The last thing on my mind is dating anyone. I just hate how long relationships take to get over.

Advice?

It sure can be a hell of a rollercoaster.

Break ups suck and it hurts. But only time can heal your heart.

After she gets all her stuff back, start strict No Contact. At first, it might hurt a lot without any contact but time WILL make it feel better, trust me.

Ultimately, you have to move on and find someone else in your life. There are plenty of fish in the sea. Don't dwell on the past, but look towards the positives of the future.

Keep yourself busy and go out with your friends as much as possible. It hurts the most when you're at home and alone.

I wish you luck. Always remember - life is good.

Thanks Snowy!

I will initiate a strict no contact after we finish up old business regarding phone lines and what not. That's for the best.

I remember my last break up I went to write a nice note to my ex after about 20 days and then I soon found out that she was dating someone else already! TOTAL HEART BREAK but it helped me get over her faster.

Why do people always say, "you will find someone else". Some people do better on their own and find they don't need to be part of a couple. Then, they feel strange or outside of normal if they decide not to have anymore relationships. If someone moves on and meets a new love, that's great!!! But not everyone does.

Why do people always say, "you will find someone else". Some people do better on their own and find they don't need to be part of a couple. Then, they feel strange or outside of normal if they decide not to have anymore relationships. If someone moves on and meets a new love, that's great!!! But not everyone does.

In a general sense, I agree with you.

In this particular situation, I'm assumed that OP wants to date but is held back due to previous trauma.

Archived