Someone Dying

Okay, I have this acquaintance that I've got to know for only a few days last year. He's going to pass on in 3 months. I don't know how to face it. I don't know what to say when you know that someone's days are numbered. I feel so torn. LAst year, I faced my granny's death. I don't know how to face this!! How do you face someone you know,talking to him as usual when you know he's not going to be there in 3 month's time. He doesn't even live near to me. There's nothing I can do... I need advise. I'm broken and torn.

Okay, I have this acquaintance that I've got to know for only a few days last year. He's going to pass on in 3 months. I don't know how to face it. I don't know what to say when you know that someone's days are numbered. I feel so torn. LAst year, I faced my granny's death. I don't know how to face this!! How do you face someone you know,talking to him as usual when you know he's not going to be there in 3 month's time. He doesn't even live near to me. There's nothing I can do... I need advise. I'm broken and torn.

Well, since you don't live near him, I think it would be okay to send him a card just to say that you have heard of his illness, and that your thoughts are with him. Do you talk to him regurlarly? If yes, talk as normal, but let him know you are there to talk to. If you were seeing him a lot I would have different advice, but he might be touched given he only met you briefly.

I had a boyfriend of five years pass away pretty suddenly 2 years ago, a few months before he had been very ill though and I know it was really hard for people to know how to act around him, but you know, he understood that and sometimes there is nothing you can really say or do - they know it is hard for you as well to know what to do. But, the knowledge you care is appreciated.