Admin Assistant vs. Executive Assistant

rose45

If you read my current thread you will see I have a problem. I was offered a position I really want. My offer is pending based on passing a background check etc and also references. She mentioned when I say its ok, she wants to call me supervisor. So basically I would have to give in my notice and ask for a reference etc

What I am very worried about is on my resume I placed executive assistant as my title b/c I support one director and 3 vp's etc. The title I officially had was ----- assistant. It was related to the department. Alot of people weren't sure what this role was when I used to place it down and would ask me more questions. It just didn't seem direct. I figured since I did support those in senior positions, i can say executive assistant. I placed duties down on my resume from those I may have done once to those I have done numerous times..such as updating certain things, confirming appointments, car rentals(only did this once or twice but it isn't hard), basic data entry of course and basic admin duties like filing, faxing, copying etc.

I am just worried my boss is not going to agree with this if asked over the phone about my title. Is this there such a big difference here?

I was thinking of talking to my boss and just sort of rehashing the duties I had so they remember and won't be suprised out of memory if these things comes up. I am considering explaining that I placed EA on my resume b/c in the past people didnt understand what type of assistant that was and ask if that is ok.

I am really nervous..i don't want this job offer taken away from me over something silly i did and then I would have to quit my old job as well..but i honestly figured it shouldn't be the worst thing to do since I was an admin to those in senior positions. In the description explaining what i do on my resume, it says providing administrative support to:

Another thing is..i lowered my salary to get this position..i didn't want to be passed up bc maybe it was too much for them..money wasn't my priority..it was the job.

Please help

are you sure? i keep reading things like they will ask for official titles, job salary. I was thinking of showing my boss my resume or maybe just the part related to this current job so she can review it and state to me if she has objections and then i can hopefully clear anything up. But that might bring more attention to it? I just dont want her to be blind sided and say no she wasn't an executive assistant.

It seems this place is checking everythig..they want proof of my degree.

I think you should talk to your boss. If you really want the new job enough, then it will be worth taking the risk. I don't think it's appropriate to let the new people call your boss without talking with her though, as you most certainly don't want her caught off guard! But, do make sure that what you put in in terms of duties is accurate. You don't want to be seen as too misleading.

I am gonna talk to her but I just feel concerned. The duties i mentioned are those that I completed a couple of times to basically dozens of times. I figured it helps to create a well rounded resume. I am just worried she won't agree with the title and then what?

i am really nervous

Archived