Ex agreed to meeting up and then changed her mind.

There's no point worrying about it really. She's not there for me and I've got to deal with my mum without her. She's made her decision. I'm pretty convinced that someone else was involved in her breaking up with me (she stayed out loads in the last few weeks before ending it and didn't show any remorse). She's probably glad to be rid of me and sees no need to be supportive. She doesn't have to do anything I know but I am shocked that she's only sent me a couple of cliched text messages saying she's here for me when she's really not. Her telling me to "focus on your family" is another way of saying " * * * * off and leave me alone!"

I think you have to leave her alone and stop expecting her to give you support - you are broken up and even if she cares, she doesn't want you to get the wrong idea about her actions. Turn to your friends and family instead.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom but exactly this ^.

Your ex is right - right now, you just need to focus on your family. Not her actions, or her support. Its not her responsibility - even if you shared a history together.

Archived