More than One Soulmate Out There

As a part of my own philosophy, I believe that there's no such thing at only one soul mate out there for everyone. I believe that everyone you've dated, are dating and will be dating are your soulmates. I know, sounds pretty far-fectched because whoever you are that's reading might be thinking that they've dated a quite few jerk, b**ches, a**holes, etc. But if you really think about it, it's giving you chance to learn from it all and get to that person that you want to truly be with.

No, I am not a polygamist, or polygamous. I've actually only been with one man for almost four years. About 5 months ago, we broke up and only a several weeks ago got back together again. With those 4 months of being single, I just thought it myself all kinds of things. From things like, "he was the only one for me" to "I'm a single woman who doesn't need a man at her side" to "single woman who wants a man by her side" to "I can find someone else", ETC. But that type of thinking now makes me feel fortunate. Even though there were a lot of guys that have rejected me over the years, I concern them my soul mates for that moment in time because if I didn't go through those rejections, I wouldn't have the boyfriend I know and I love today.

So to fellow ENA readers and writers, what do you think about my idea of soul mates? Should it just be reserved for that extra special someone?

I call some people I'm not in romantic relationships with my "soul mate", good friends, teachers, even my mom. It's really just semantics. To me a soul mate is someone I just click with and can grow with. A soul mate to me is someone whose presence in my life helps me become the best version of me I can possibly be (with love and compassion, I know there are people who with anger or lameness also help me become a better person but I don't think of them as soul mates)

I AM polyamorous. And I deeply believe in more then one romantic, sexual, important, meaningful, commented love relationship. I think all three of my partners are my soul mates. At this point I feel lucky enough to be picky enough to only date and have sex with people who mean that much to me.

I strongly agree. I dont believe there is the "the one"...In fact, i think you could fall in love with anyone as long as there is chemistry and attraction. I think you find some amazing people out there and you find some real jerks out there as well. But all of that helps you with who YOU want and who you do not want. All my friends think I will not find a long term relationship, because I have that same attitude that you have about there is more "fish in the sea" and the fact that if this relationship does not work out, there will be more to come in the future. Anway that is my personal opinion.

Archived