Anyone Been Involved with Reiki or Similar Healing

Over around a ten year period, I've had 3 reiki sessions with differing experiences. I've started looking into the philosophy and practice of reiki with a possible view to being involved in a reiki society. I've been involved with a branch of Japanese Buddhism for the last 4 and a bit years or so, and as far as I know, reiki has it's origins in Japanese Buddhism.

Has anyone had any experiences or involvement with reiki and what you think?

I've had one brief reiki session once from a friend. She's by no means a professional, but in only a few minutes I was relaxed and felt lighter than ever! Contentment! It was a wonderful experience for me and I've been meaning to seek out a more experienced professional to try a longer reiki session, but I have not gotten around to it yet. I think everyone should have at least 2 reiki sessions a week! lol.

Hi LB and thanks! I'm currently searching the net to find possible suitable places to learn reiki. A lot of it looks like big business and some of it is attached to groups that might just be a bit too out there for me, but I'll keep looking. I'm interested in any type of healing massage. I've heard also of something called Healing Hands. Anyone know about this too?

I've had reiki done several years ago. I recall she was a reverend who performed healing and was a reiki teacher as well. It was wonderful, like having a massage for the soul. Very relaxing and I totally recommended it to everyone I knew.

Hi Jetta and 2Faced. I had one done for free at a Reiki Centre, and several people put their hands on me. I was lying on a bed in a darkened room with relaxing music and several other people were having the same thing done. I became so peaceful and felt better. Then another time, I had one done by a lady in her home. Well, I was expecting her to do a lot more for some reason, but she just put her hands on me on various parts of my body. I recall her saying something about blockages in the reproductive part of the abdomen. When she put her hands on me there, I felt a warmth. When I went to sleep that night, throughout my sleep, I began menstruating. At that time, I'd been having irregular periods. I just can't know if any of it was co-incidence or that I was just lying down relaxing.

I still haven't found a place I feel confident for me to learn, but I have found a large organisation which teaches Buddhist studies, and I am likely going to go to a class and see what I think. Likely somebody there will know of a reputable reiki practiioner/school.

I have had a book for a couple of years on reflexology which I have referred to when I have given massage to friends, and I do have faith in that. Different thing to reiki though. When I was giving massage to my friend with lymphoma (she had developed secondary tumor of the brain and spinal cord), I was massaging her large toes and she said it was amazing and took the pain away. In the reflexology book, it claimed that the large toe and also the thumbs and I think the space in between the thumbs correlated with the brain and spinal column. I suppose I would like to incorporate both reflexology, maybe even shiatsu with reiki. With any luck, I could find a like-minded person and we could practise on each other.

Archived