Sleep Paraylsis questions?

Hi everyone, I have been having sleep paralysis quite often..at first i will get a feeling (very strange)..it feels like something scary is near me or trying to possess me. I will get scared then my body paralyzed..i cant move..i cant open my eyes..i cant speak. I try my best to wake up but i cannot,its like overpowering me in my sleep...but sometimes i win and wake up but as soon as i wake i fall back to that phase. I am not stressed out or taking medication,it just happens..

I have heard that its when the soul wants to astral travel that this happens, the body acts in a state of fear and tries to stop the soul from leaving the body. Since the body and soul are linked. Some people that astral travel go through this stage and are no longer afraid of the phase that induces the out of body experience. Im not sure why it happens alot but i wish i could overcome the fear to see what happens thereafter.

Does anybody else have sleep paralysis and what do u feel when you have it?

I have it, A LOT. It's actually physically painful and sends my heart into a race for its life. It's like being locked in your own body and you can't do anything about it. Moving is when the pain comes in, it's like all of the nerves in your body shock you if you even so much as try to move. I have no idea what causes it, but many times I have lost sleep because of it. I'm definitely stressed, I can say this much but I don't take any medications or anything like that. It's a very scary experience and it's one that I have all too often. I'll never get used to it. But when it happens and I'm able to wake from it, I just calm myself and try to think of happy things to calm myself. I then try to go back to sleep with that same frame of mind. Usually it does the trick.

Not sure about this astral travel stuff, but i used to get what i would call waking paralysis. I would sort of wake up, but be totally paralysed. It would feel like my mind is awake but my body is not. It would only last for a few seconds as i would panic and force myself into moving my body.

I never found out what caused that, and havent had that happen in years (thankfully), so i cant offer and solutions. But i would really like to have answers just as much as you do.

Not sure about this astral travel stuff, but i used to get what i would call waking paralysis. I would sort of wake up, but be totally paralysed. It would feel like my mind is awake but my body is not. It would only last for a few seconds as i would panic and force myself into moving my body.

I never found out what caused that, and havent had that happen in years (thankfully), so i cant offer and solutions. But i would really like to have answers just as much as you do.

I dont think its due to stress...its just natural where our soul wants to separate from our body and our mind doesnt want it to let go. Its very closely related to astral travel.

Waking paralysis is fairly common, the thing is when you sleep, your body needs to be paralyzed, there is an actual process that paralysis your body so you don't flail about then you are sleeping. Sometimes that process can continue a little bit when you are awake. Another neat little thing is you can be aware while you are dreaming and with practice can control what happens in your dreams. I have experienced this for only seconds at a time, the thing is for me anyways when I realize that I am dreaming, that causes me to wake up, but I believe with practice that time can be extended.

Archived