I have a question about something that's been bugging me. I will turn 17 in three months. I have gone through puberty (height, pubic, deep voice, ejaculations, etc...), but i am having trouble growing facial hair and its bothering me. i grow it but only on my upper lip and sideburns and its not very thick and doesnt grow very fast i have to shave them like once a week or so. when my older brother was my age he had to shave everyday and i dont understand how we can differ that much. Why is my facial hair developing so slowly when all of my other things have developed already. I dont know if this matters but I am Irish, Austrian, and German and that may affect it somehow. Any input would help.

Some people are just naturally hairier than others, even when from the same family. I'm 25 right now and still can't grow a thick and full gotee or beard. You mentioned you shave about once a week. I'm not sure if this is true, but people always say your hair (facial) gets thicker every time you shave. So that's something to look into. I know alot of guys who are much older and still don't have much facial hair. It's common. 17 years old is definitely earlier than most to be able to grow a full-on pirate beard. Some people get lots of facial hair early on, some people get it slowly through the years, some people get it slowly and then BOOM all of a sudden their face starts sprouting hair from everywhere, and some people never ever get a full beard or mustache, left with only whiskers. You never know who gets what. The alternative to trying to look manly with a beard/mustache/gotee and not being able to pull it off, is to be clean shaven all the time and look as though maybe you choose to be so. Hope this helped.