What happened?

Here's the story. I have been chatting with a guy online for about a month. Our online schedules never matched up well, so in that time we had only a few conversations, but we did send messages back & forth. He was thrilled at first to talk with me, or so he said, and seemed very anxious to talk again. Each time I chatted with him was pleasant and I though he was a nice guy. Then a few weeks ago, he disappeared--didn't answer my message, didn't respond the one time I noticed he was online. I give people the benefit of the doubt, so I figured that maybe he met someone, or that he was just too busy to be online a lot. Today, I saw that he was on and I IMed him--no reponse and shortly after his connection was closed. I have tried to think if there was anything I said the last time we talked that could have been misinterpreted, but I really don't think that's the case. any ideas? Should I continue to try to get his attention or just chalk it up? Thanks!

hey, i'd be inclined to let this one go. don't take it personal though relations over the net are not 'real', he didn't really get to know you! Also i have been in situations myself where if i am bored i will chat to my friends but like tonight for example i am sitting with my away message on as i am not in the mood for chatting! sometimes people are on the net for work reasons and not recreation. let him contact you and if he doesn't, don't take it personal and move on. x