IMPORTANT: Who is Your Reference Group

Wo, coming home to be with my family and recently prior to this, I reconnected to good old female friends (I'd known them for 20 years) The difference it is making to how I'm now coping is amazing, and I realise the importance for me of making some conscious choices in establishing my "reference group". In social sciences, it can be called a "critical reference group." I'm pasting some definitions below of what this means, and it's interesting to give some serious thought to who you consciously choose to bring into your world or journey. What do you think? I would appreciate all suggestions and feedback. For example, what attitudes and values should members of my reference group have? I do have some ideas on it. Oh, of course ENA, but there would also be specific requirements for that too.

Definition: A group of people or organization of which an individual respects, identifies with, or aspires to join, e.g., membership or associative groups.

link removed

Definition

People whose attitudes, behavior, beliefs, opinions, preferences, and values are used by an individual as the basis for his or her judgment. One does not have to be (or even aspire to be) a member of a reference group to be negatively or positively influenced by its characteristics.

link removed

Archived