what's a guy to do...

i have a job that takes me to various areas in the city and there is a girl that works in a mall that i regularly work at. i have struck up conversation with this girl and have chatted with her several times now. she seems like a wonderful person and i want to take things a little further. here is the BUT however, her friend in the shop tells me that this girl just broke up with her first boyfriend whom she had been dating for a few years. on top of that scenario, the manager at her work gave her a bit of a telling off for spending too much time talking to me. i think given the opportunity this could turn into something good, but now what should have been simple has become somewhat complicated. any advice would certainly be welcome...

Write her a note telling her how you feel. Be light - not heavy or deep, but you also have to establish a time to communicate other then while you both are working. She won't be ready to commit yet since she just ended a long relationship, so don't expect more than friendship or dating at this point.

Good luck