hmmmm....

melissao39

my guy and i just spent the weekend together. we have been together for 5 months and are going on vacation in a week. Sometimes during the weekend i felt that i may have said some childish things regarding some subjects or maybe i am self conscious about it because i am much younger than him and i always make sure to not come accross as too young. But then again i have made it to 5 months with him and he knows how i am and everyone has off days anyways. But i am scared that one day he will snap out and realize that he doesnt wanna be with me.

But then again i just met his parents over the weekend and we are going on vacation so if he felt like there was no seriousness between us we wouldnt be doing all this right?

I think you are overanalyzing this. Did he do or say something to make you feel this way, or is this your own speculation?

i am much younger than him and i always make sure to not come accross as too young.

This concerns me. You have every right to act your age if you want to. If you try to suppress your "immaturity" in order to keep him from seeing you as a "kid".. This will not work out long term. You've got to be able to be yourself without any fear of judgement by your partner.

i have made it to 5 months with him

Yikes, just reading how you're holding this is making ME feel tense and anxious. I want you to have a relationship where you feel freedom and joy and happiness, not constant vigilance to keep making it to the next month with this guy.

Be careful you don't make "not losing him" a priority over being yourself. You are totally amazing and wonderful and great just the way you are, and you want a relationship where you can be everything that you are, and be accepted for it. Try thinking, he is not the prize, you are

It sounds to me like you are holding on really tight to this relationship, analyzing it constantly and being extra-careful not to make a wrong move or he might "realize that he doesn't want to be with you." Try worrying more about how you feel about him, and how much you two get along when you are being fully yourself. He might be happy in a relationship where you are on your best behaviour at all time, but you certainly won't be.

Agree with all of the above! But for what it's worth, when I was 24, I met and began dating a 30 year old classmate of mine in law school...I was fairly sheltered and he had been in the armed forces, so the difference in life experience seemed to make the age gap even more intimidating. I whined and moaned to my roommate at the time (also a few years older, but light years wiser, than me) about how terrified I was of being thought of as immature by him, and she said "You are who you are right now, and you'll have enough time later in life to be old. Enjoy being young while you can, and don't let him rush you into being older." I'll always remember that advice. Don't let anyone make you doubt yourself and who you are for anything. Grow at your own pace and if whomever you're with doesn't like it, let him take a hike. You've got all the time in the world to meet that right guy who loves you, not your age...that's just one of the advantages of being young!

Archived