Another chance? Or dont even think about it..

ay0_x

Hey all.

About two weeks ago, I started chatting to this guy online (on a dating site). It progressed to texting and phone calls very quickly as we got along really well, and we met up 3 days later.

Our date was great and we decided to see each other again (4 days later). That date went well too.

After date 2, I felt like he was getting really distant.. not calling, not messaging at the same frequency and kind of trying to pick fights with me. I asked what was up and he said it was because I had so many guy friends on my facebook saying "Hey ay0_x I miss you =[" etc. I didnt really feel like he had a right to say anything - we'd only been on two dates and known each other for a week- but we got over that bump.

The next day he picked a fight with me again, this time saying he didn't know if we should be together because we weren't the same religion, and that we should probably stop seeing one another. I felt like it was totally out of the blue and was just like "oh.. okay. Good luck then", to which he got angry and was like "Youre just going to let me go that easily?!".

Anyway, I went out of state for a week. No contact, but I knew he'd text me the day i came back, and lo and behold.. he did. He apologised for his behaviour, saying he had a fear of commitment and felt like he was falling really fast for me. He then asked me when he could see me again.. I told him I had a date on Monday and that in all honesty it depended on how well that date went.

He was like "oh.. okay...", and was upset, saying he had been really optimistic but it was stupid of him to think I wouldn't move on fast (of course I'd move on.. we had nothing?!). I pointed out that he had those same intentions, because 1/ he had reactivated his online dating profile and 2/ he had chosen a more attractive profile picture. He said he'd done it out of boredom and loneliness and I just laughed and said "Loneliness? I would have been fawning all over you had you not screwed it up" and we left the conversation at that.

I definitely feel like this guy is either playing games, or has too much baggage for me to handle. 5 out of his 6 past girfrinds have cheated on him- and as bad as it sounds.. I can't help but think maybe he's to blame in some way- 5/6.. those are some crazy odds. He does want another chance though, and I did like him.. What does everyone think?

Archived