she is moving on and i cant

robertpaulsen

me and my gf broke up the start of febuary, it has been hard but we were like best friends when we were together so we were still talkin to eachother everyday and the odd time we would see eachother. she went on a overnight trip with her college. i txted her to make sure she got there safe and all as i was always the one who took care of her when she drank too much. she never txted back and then the next day i found out she had sex with some guy she just met a few hours before thats in her class in college. now she is putting up pics of them together on her fb and txting him and has ignored me completely. i cant move on , i know i have to get stronger as an individual before i try find somone but my heart is broke i have anxiety allday im as bad as the day we broke up now everyday. anyone please have some advice because the way im feeling is scaring me.

How did you find out about all of this? and did you go looking on her facebook page? man, I KNOW, you are just trying to do the right thing and all, but you are just hurting yourself by hearing all this info. It IS hard i know but you are better off forgetting about her and her actions. This guy she slept with, do you really think this will be the guy she is with for the rest of her life? Probably not my friend. She will get hurt and have to move on like you have to know.

You dont want to spend ( waste ) your life following around after her do you? Wouldn't you rather get out there and be the one meeting new people? You never know, maybe she might hear about what you have been getting up to.

Hang in there mate.

I agree with the other posts. My girlfriend of 2 years recently and unexpectedly dumped me only a week ago. The day after we broke up I went on her facebook and saw that this guy that is good friends with hers was flirting with her already and that she was flirting back to him. It was the worst feeling in the world for me to know that only a week after we broke up she was starting something new with another guy. After thinking about it a few days though it is a "rebound" relationship and basically just a distraction for her so she doesn't have to confront her feelings. The same is probably true in your situation. It might be great with her and this guy but once the "honeymoon stage" of the first few months of the relationship are over she is most likely gonna doubt the future of her "rebound relationship" and have second thoughts.

It's an absolutely horrible feeling man I know. I've been dealing with it myself for the last week as I just had my first big breakup. After I found out she had another guy though I swore to never look at her pictures or facebook. You ABSOLUTELY have to stop looking at her facebook or anything that reminds you of her. It's been about a week now since I broke up with my girlfriend and she sent me a message today just being friendly but I deleted it. She can't have her cake and eat it too and have a friendship with me while she is screwing other guys. I also un-friended her from my facebook. You should do the same. The fact is if the girl dumped you and you loved her than she F'd you over, and in order to keep your dignity you HAVE to walk away from the realtionship and not look back.

The fact is that this girl that you once went out ultimately doesn't respect or care for you that much if she is able to break up and get with another guy so quickly. I know how it may seem that you can get back together but do you even really want to after all the pain she has caused you? I thought about getting back with my Ex all the time over the last week but in the last few days I've realized it would never be the same and more importantly SHE doesn't even deserve to get back with me.

It's the same with your situation. You need to cut her lose and just avoid any contact whatsoever with her. Thinking about your ex sleeping with another guy is utterly horrible but like one of the other post said it's most likely just a rebound and the chances of her feeling the connection that you once had with her with the new guy are very slim if she just hoped out of your relationship and into bed with him.

Hang in there. Disconnect from her. Good luck.

Archived