getting seriously depressed b/c of him [spoiler]

so my ex "never really official" boyfriend has decided he does not want to have any more communication with me. I have tried to change his mind via one letter and one e-mail, but when I ran into him he told me to go away. We were getting along splendidly and were sort of in love before, but he now has someone new.

I will run into him on campus, there is no avoiding that.

I don't know what I did that he wants no more contact with me, as before when we talked about splitting it was always him who wanted to stay friends.

I have been struggeling with severe depressions and other mental issues for years, but thought I had conquered most of those demons, but now they are back with a force. I have entered one of the darkest periods of my life. I am so depressed, I am constantly crying. My academic work is suffering. I am getting suicidal. I truly don't know how to go on anymore.

I need this guy to talk to me and at least explain! But how can I get him to do that without coming accross like a stalker? I can't really force him to have a conversation with me when he truly does not want to talk to me.

So what can I do? I am in therapy, and it is completely useless. For a variety of reasons I can't change therapists. My medications used to work, but they don't anymore.

I am at the end of my rope here. I am so sick of crying and feelling such intense pain over someone who clearly does not deserve it.

How long will this last? Should I confront him? If so, how? Help, someone, please!

A few years ago, those words could have come from me.

First of all - ixnay on the suicial oughtsthay. He won't care, and you'll come off looking like a psychopath.

I tell you this because I tried it. The man who broke my heart wasn't the whole reason - he was more just the last straw to a life that I was already unhappy with. So I tried it, unsuccessfully, and landed in a hospital for a few weeks - where he came to see me ONCE, and then never had any respect for me again.

To this day, five years later, I am still horribly embarrassed (not to mention, still paying the hospital bill because my insurance didn't cover "Self-Infllicted Injuries"!) when I think about it - and I know that I will never have a friendship with this man because of my awful, terrible, insane actions.

Just put him out of your mind - don't demand explanations, you probably won't get them, and you're right; he WILL accuse you of being a stalker.

My story has a happy ending: I'm married to a wonderful man, and I have a wonderful life now.

You will too! You just have to forget the jerk.

I PROMISE you, the pain WILL go away - it just takes time. Hang in there.