Where are the nice young women?

DigitalSpy

Hi,

I am currently looking to meet young women 18-22 for friends and dating and maybe this would lead onto something more serious. But not for the lack of trying, I have been pretty unsuccessful...

Where do you go to meet girls of this age category? Clubs certainly don't really work for me, women there are half cut already and from my experience just up for a good night with friends....Sometimes a girl has wanted to lead on to a one night thing, but I have never let it go that far...its just not my style, I am hoping to start a relationship...not sow my seed per say lol.

I am online too, to be honest I really thought it was a "nerdy" way to meet some one. But I have realized its a lot bigger than it used to be, and definitely more socially acceptable!! Ive met a few people, exchanged some emails but then after the first 5 or so emails people stop responding... They seem really keen to start with conversation is flowing and interesting but it just randomly stops (I am on Plenty Of Fish, is that a common problem on there?). One girl asked for my Facebook details to add me, and stopped talking....never added me.

Well anyway, all advice is greatly welcomed lol.

I don't know who is not nerdy any more, we're practically all stuck in this digital age. Aside from internet dating, have you checked out any local events, volunteer activities as well as any co-ed type of sports?

Ive joined a tennis club, but its a little quiet there at the moment because the weather is still a little on the cold side. But I've been told that during the summer there are a lot of members...I did have a serious think about volunteer work the other day, any ideas where I would find out more about it?

When people stop replying, it's no big deal really. It's just the excitement of getting to know someone new. But not getting to know THEM for who they are at all. I ,too, was rather excited when I bought blackberry, BBM yay, I always saw blackberry as a phone of serious, business-like people. What a disappointment when I met only careless people. Guess it was silly of me to think serious people would join such frivolous activity, as BBM is, in the first place.

I have a feeling you are looking for someone serious too, like I do. ''Less of a Marilyn more of a Jackie, somebody classy and not to tacky''

Sad thing about this approach is, that you gotta look for people who are serious by choice. Which does not include people of age of 18-22yo. That is because someone that young could hardly go through both extremes of frivolousness and seriousness of life AND make a choice to be serious.

Is there a particular reason why you're looking for a relatively small age window of 18-22?

I am only young myself. I am however, at risk of sounding boastful, pretty mature. I would certainly be open to dating some one a little older, but would they be up for dating me? I know age can be quite a concern for women more so than men. So that's pretty much the reason I have narrowed it down to 18-22....

And to Sidehop, I dont know what Craigslist is to be honest with you. So I dont know how popular it is over here.

Craigslist in the UK is more of a gay pick up joint, PoF in the UK is a cattle Market full of cougars, you won't find nice young girls there. I know it's a sweeping generalisation but I have a ton of gay friends who use CL and tell me and I have seen the caliber of men (and their stories of women dating) on PoF!

Try The online Guardian dating site, more ambitious and career orientated women or do it in person, library's, coffee shops - especially the likes of Costa within bookshops etc

Archived