Hi i need help with Working out

Hi everyone, my name is Mike. i m 16 years old . well i m 5'7'' andi weight 107lbs , and ya i m pretty skinny , and everyone tells me i should work out a lil bit. i dunt wanna goto gym or anything i just wanna do simple work out every nite in my room. i need help and advice that should i even work out at this age ?? or i should wait?? or if i should start wat should i start working out with ?? i have dumbbells which wait like 5 lbs each and i excersice with them every nite like biceps, chest 12 3 set every nite and 50 sit ups and 20 push ups. and i have a excersizing cycle which i dunt really use. is it good enough or i m doing it wrong?? i have no idea.. i would really appreciate ur help . thank you and hope to hear from someone soon. bye

Working out at that age is fine. My friend Brett was a really skinny kid when he started working out at the age of 15. Now he's huge, and no-one messes with him. everyone at school knew him because of how big he was. Working out is fun. But I suggest the gym. Their is alot to learn their, and no one wuld make fun of a young kid starting early.

Well met.

There is a book by Men's Health on total fitness which retails for about $20. Pick it up. There are some excellent plans in that book to gain mass and muscle. Reconsider a memership in a gym. You need the right equipment to build your body and a 5 lb dumbell is just not going to do it.

I can thumbnail what you want to do at this point:

You will want to go on a three day a week work out plan. Try running the other two days in between. MWF are weights, TTH are aerobic either with the bicycle or running.

Focus on weights, 3 sets of 15 reps sets to build muscle mass. You will need something larger than a 5 lb weight. Initially that may be fine.. but you will get stronger in a hurry and will need the right equipment to continue.

BTW. If you are discarding the gym membership because you are worried what other people will think. I have a secret to tell you. Most folks admire the people who are out of shape who are making the effort to improve their bodies. We look at them and their courage and commitment and take heart and strength from that to do better ourselves.

Luck mate...

~AzurePhoenix

If you are trying to build your body, use natural weight, aka your own body weight. There are about a million types of pushups to work your whole upper body. One exercise which is very tiring but very effective is called Tigers.

Requirements:

Wall

Human (you)

1. Start flat on the floor.

2. Put feet flat against the wall so you are only on your big toe (beginner's use all toes).

3. Bend your body so that your waist is at a 90 degree angle.

4. Put all weight on your hands, which will be placed directly below your shoulders (the spot that would make your shoulders as far from the ground as possible).

5. Place your hands in a diamond.

6. Slowly bring your head to your hands, and push back up. If you cannot do a repetition, merely hold yourself up for a bit, then down for a bit to build the muscles.

7. Repeat #6 until your arms give out.

The exercise is tiring, simple, and works your whole upper body. You will sweat from this.

Enjoy.