Lighter white spots on my face for 12 days now!

I am so upset because I went to a dermatologist (a pretty famous one who has been on tv might I add) for my acne and dry skin on my face and he gave me three prescriptions. I used two of them cause the third was a lotion. I tried the sulfur wash (plexion cleanser) and the Duac acne gel on spots on my acne. Prior to using those two things, I had given myself a lemon sea salt facial and left it on for an hour or two and I had been doing a lemon typeo of facial for about a week.

An hour after using the sulfur wash and Duac, I noticed a patch of whiter, paler skin on my face in a uniform circle on my right side and also another sloppier circly blotch near my upper cheek aread. I immediately rinsed my face and scrubbed. I haven't had a chance to get to a dermatologist yet but I dont want to go back to this one and get an opinion for some other doctor about this. The skin has stayed the same and not changed or improved. It may have gotten worse and spread a tiny bit more. I don't understand because I believe I did not notice I had this on my face until I used the Duac. I know the sulfure wash didn't do this because I've used it again since then without the Duac. I only used that Duac gel once and that was it and I have ceased using it. I think the areas where the spots are were areas where I applied some Duac and spread it a little. Duac says that it can bleach clothes and hair but nothing about skin and I couldn't find anything on google where someone had a problem with skin bleaching.

I am worried either I have some skin disease, I permanently bleached my skin, the lemon bleached my skin and somehow I didn't notice? or the lemon was still in my skin and interacted with the Duac?....I don't know what to think. Has this ever happened to anyone before that they had white spots or lighter paler skin on their face for so long?

Does anyone think it will go away?

i think it will eventually go away. you shouldn't be doing these home treatments if you already have 3 prescriptions. you wouldn't use 3 different conditioners on your hair at the same time, so why do that to your face? it sounds like the lemon and the cream did not react well. i'm guessing an acid-base reaction. see what the dermatologist says. i think that the spot will go away but it can take a while.

While i don't know specifically what chemicals are in your cleansers/treatments:

Duac says that it can bleach clothes and hair but nothing about skin and I couldn't find anything on google where someone had a problem with skin bleaching.

"bleach" suggests it is a base. lemon juice is acidic. acid + base + your skin is a bad combination.

Thank you annie. That makes sense. I thought about that. I just wonder why it happened on only two spots on my face. The thing is, I've noticed the lighter skin has spread a little accross my cheek now. I can still see a somewhat distinct circle for one of the white spots, but there seems to be more paler colorless skin now accross my cheek. I've been using witch hazel toner and I have been wearing makeup in the day because it's so embarassing. I don't understand what's going on because I only used the Duac once and that was two weeks ago and I stopped the lemon too.

Archived