Is this a "ok" way to ask someone out?

toggle

Hiya ppl

This question is proablyb aimed towards girls as its advise im needing

Is it "ok" to ask a stranger out on the street?

I know it sounds weird but the other day some girl came over to me and said that she thinks im attractive and would like to get to know me and asked if i wanted her phone number, i said in so many words that it wouldnt work because of the age gap (im 17, she is 15) (the real reason is because i didnt fancy her).

But i thought this was really nice and i was quite gobsmaked.

so if a girl could answer this.,.. if a boy came over to you in the street and said that you was attractive ect. would you have a fit and just storm off? ignor them? or accept?

Because this seems the only way i think im going to be able to get a g/f as i dont go clubbing or anythign as im a social misfit but i think i could summon up the courage to talk to someone on the street.

I certainly would not go on a date with a complete stranger, mainly because I'd be afraid that he'd drag me into an alley and rape me. Perhaps I sound dramatic, but I've seen enough horror stories on the news to know that this is quite possible.

A better way of doing it would be to find a local coffee shop where you can hang out on a regular basis, and you're bound to meet some girls your age there. If they see you around for a few days they'll be less likely to run away in fear when you make your move, but I still wouldn't suggest asking them out on a date, try something along the lines of "Would you like to join me?" You two will both already be there so she'll need to come up with a pretty darn good excuse to refuse, and she'll be in a safe environment so she's more likely to say yes. That way the two of you can have a conversation BEFORE you ask her out on the date.

Who knows, it might be the other way around and this stranger of a date might take YOU into the alley. I know I know, guys are not likely going to object, but think of possible diseases!

Enough of my madness, I'm out, hope this has helped!

well. im 15 male. i would love for agirl even a stranger to ask me out. but noone has.lol your a lucky man. if that girl or any other girl comes up to you and if you like them dont be afraid to ask her out. i mean there isnt much trouble if she says to you hey i like your look. there isnt much question as to how or what to say huh. WELL i think the difference between 15 and 17 is big. but the for example the difference between 20 and 23 is nothing. but i think the mind isnt in the same place at 15 and at 17. even if you dont like how the girl looks dontt turn down her just for that. dont be that shallow. let her take you somewhere. maybe get to know her. I mean even if she is the meanest worst girl ever at least you got to see a movie. GO AHEAD TAKE THE REINS

I have a similar question/thing:

Basically I might ask someone out in school (same age but in the year/grade below).

I get a fair bit of attention from girls, and as one girl told me "If you ever get turned down, it wont be because of your looks". I get alot of comments like this from girls, and girls seem to chat me up, and even ask me out sometimes, like at parties. Arrogant as it may sounds, this has given me the belief that my looks arn't going to be a problem normally.

However, if I ask a girl out on a date, that I don't really know, and wont get to know, due to the grade differance, then I think they might not go on the date because they don't know me. Naturally, this isn't going to stop me from asking, but its made me curious if this is likely to happen. Then again, I didn't really know some of the girls in my grade, or even spoke to them and it was OK...

unless...

say if you walk somewhere everyday and everytime u leave at that time you see a attractive girl...

each day you see eachother then one day you smile...then one day...you say "hi" and *hopefully* she will say hi aswell.

once this goes on for like 3 days, you stop and say "can i have the time please" then you start chatting about stuff like "where can i findsomewhere to buy ....... this DVD"

after about a week hopefully you start chatting more often and then swap phone numbers

coz i really want a g/f but since i am a social misfit it seems i cant find anyone at nightclubs and pubs coz i h8 them.

I started the gym the other day and there was loadsa attractive girls there, but unfortunately i worked out a "bit" to much and i ended sweating like a bitach lol, also my face turned bright red coz i was so hot, lOL!

so i promptly left.............. lol

i looked like this little man.....

but im only 17 :S

so sitting in coffy shops doesnt apply to me.

I was thinking along the lines of like say if you was in a park and someone came along and sat down next to you, then started talking.

would that be odd aswell?

How about an ice cream place instead of a coffee shop?

I've also struggled to meet girls because I don't really like going to clubs either, and unfortunately girls in the UK are obsessed with clubbing. Coffee shops are a good idea but people aren't as open to being talked to when in places like coffee shops, compared to places like pubs and clubs. People have suggested in the past that I joined a gym too, but I didn't bother as I work out in other ways.

It's surprising how one person who replied to your message said they'd be freaked out if a guy (a stranger) asked them out in the street, but people keep telling me that if I like someone who works in a bank or a shop or whatever, I should just ask her out, just like that. Surely that'd freak them out too huh. But then I'm not great at 'chit chat' or small talk. I'm great 1 on 1, but not when there are other customers waiting or whatever.

What toggle said about saying hi to someone every day and then one day going and talking to them is a good idea. The only problem is if they are always walking along with their head looking down, grrh.

Keep the faith...

faith can be a mother if you know what i meen. could have been the one for you but you were so into your self you couldn't see it . some thing's can never be the same as they could have been only if you opened your eyes but that is lost to you now. so don't dwell on what you can not change . maybe you'll be luck and have it come around aging but i think not. sorry about your luck and good bye :scramble: