Are we getting together tonight???

Ok. So I am supposed to be going out with my estranged husband tonight. We made plans on Sunday but have not talked this week. He said he needed some time not to talk, because well things were starting to go well and he is wondering what to do. I assume.

I am wondering if I should call to confirm or just assume he is not going to show up. We don't have a time sorted out, we know where we are going. So yeah, do I call or assume it's a blow off, or do I go on my own cause it is an event I would like to go to? (knowing this will make me really sad.)

Whatcha think?

Hi there,

If he doesn't call to give you a time and it's something you would have gone to anyway, then go on your own. Don't call him. He should be courteous and if he has asked you to accompany him then he knows he should be calling you-no need to remind him.

Don't assuse you are getting back together. Instead expect to have a great time. This way ( hopefully) you won't be disappointed.

Have fun

k33 I hope eveything works out the very best for you tonight. What was said above was spot on, I like the advice you give out muneca. K33 you deserve to have a good time. Have fun. If he shows and you have a really good time it will be that much better. But you'll have a good time no matter. I'm sure of it!

We talked, it was funny I was calling him when his number came through. must be psych(ic)o. So we are getting together, I was so sure we weren't now I am terribly nervous.

I am trying to just relax, but this is hard, and a bit of a crisis with the back and forth and pretending I don't care when I so do...

Ugh... I'll give y'all an update later.

Update:

Last night was good. We met and went for dinner, I was more chatty than he was. He was really tired and stuff. He's staying on a couch and getting up at 5 everyday. The guys he is staying with are partiers so I'm sure he isn't getting much sleep. He seemed really down, I was being up beat and stuff. I was trying to offer suggestions about where he could find a sublet.

Good news he wants to get away from the crowd he's with for a little perspective. (this crowd is bad news, they are friends with my ex and I know they are bad, drugs drinking treating women badly etc. And our relationship started to falter once he started hanging with them.... which really upsets me when I think about it... my boy isn't in to drugs so that's good) We didn't talk about the relationship at all.

We held hands on the way to the restaurant, I was so nervous I couldn't eat... but he paid for dinner and paid me back the money he owed me. So we went to the moive and held hands and leaned our heads on eachother and stuff. No kissing or anything, but it was nice and comfortable. I offered to let him sleep on my futon if he wanted a sleep. He declined.

He gave me a really big hug and I said, you know you should really ask me out, this was fun! He agreed. I talked to him on the way home telling him if he needed anything to let me know. And told him I had a great time and would love to see him again soon. He laughed and said me too.

So I think it went well, but who knows if he'll want to get together or anything anytime soon.

Whatcha think?

Thanks! I know you'll have a great night with your girl again soon. It's so weird though. This person that you were with all the time, suddenly they aren't there and you are dating again? So strange, but really not that bad. So I'll be on a high for a few days then I'll start to wonder again... I guess that's natural.

I really want it to work again, but I don't know if it will, all too soon to tell.