My Ex's Online Dating Profile

MaryJane2011

I don't do online dating much. I got to know my recent ex in real life. Today I registered at a website recommended by a friend and was matched with my ex... The age on his profile was three years younger than his real age... I suddenly got a very weird feeling. I can not describe it.

He dates online a lot. When we were together he mentioned he had met several of his matches. How could he survive with a wrong age...?

I found that my ex had a profile on a dating site barely five days after the break up. She made the profile regardless of her telling me she would remain single, very confusing.

On her profile.. she lied about the length of our relationship(ouch), and had said she was a heavy smoker(since when I wonder). Really makes me doubt her truthfulness towards me the entire four year relationship, I feel very betrayed. Dating sites are pretty risky, so many people on them tend to lie to seem more "attractive". However, it usually tends to bite them in the rear sooner or later.

Anyway, malicious liars do not deserve to be in a relationship till they learn to be truthful.

Are you thinking that he probably lied to you about things while you dated? Is that the weird feeling?

As to the lying thing about his age, never a good way to start out, and won't do well for his dating future with anyone, imo.

Yes that's my weird feeling, Areil. We did not have much passion but things went pretty well. We broke up after a few months but did not make it nasty. When I saw his profile I started making connections with many things he said when we were together. Feels like I had been in a relationship with an indecent person.

On our first date he said he's 36 (real age 39), but changed to 39 right away. I did feel a little funny at that time because people rarely mess up their own age, but I did not make a big fuss and took it as a lapse of the tongue.

I am very confused about what he's thinking. His profile shows he's looking for a serious relationship and potential marriage, not casual dating. That means he has to let her partner know his real age at some point. How will he handle that, I really wonder.

Heh...sadly, we can only take what people we meet online say with a grain of salt, as the saying goes.

When I met my ex online, he told me he had been single for 7 years. We had a LD relationship for a year and a half, and broke up 6 months ago. We have known each other for a total of 2 years now.

I found out recently that he's telling women that he's meeting online that he's been single for 7 years...

Deja vu, anyone?

Wow. So, you know he lied to you early on, and now he's doing it online.

When I did OLD, a lot of guys would post a younger age, so that they would appear in certain searches. Then, they MIGHT write in their profile that they are actually older. Ugh.

He can say he's looking for whatever he wants, I suppose. But, if he thinks the path to marriage is by starting out on a lie, then good luck to him.

There are a LOT of inconsistencies with OLD. My old peeve with it, was guys who were older, and then saying they wanted women 20 years younger. HUGE turnoff, and IMO, also a sign he's not serious, but just interested in getting laid and not realistic that a 20 year old doesn't want a 40 year old fart.

But, if you are done, then I suggest you don't continue to look at his profile, as you'll only make yourself crazy. What he's thinking and doing needs to become irrelevant.

Heh...sadly, we can only take what people we meet online say with a grain of salt, as the saying goes.

When I met my ex online, he told me he had been single for 7 years. We had a LD relationship for a year and a half, and broke up 6 months ago. We have known each other for a total of 2 years now.

I found out recently that he's telling women that he's meeting online that he's been single for 7 years...

Deja vu, anyone?

LOL. It's like only knowing the lyrics to one song, I suppose.

I found that my ex had a profile on a dating site barely five days after the break up. She made the profile regardless of her telling me she would remain single, very confusing.

On her profile.. she lied about the length of our relationship(ouch), and had said she was a heavy smoker(since when I wonder). Really makes me doubt her truthfulness towards me the entire four year relationship, I feel very betrayed. Dating sites are pretty risky, so many people on them tend to lie to seem more "attractive". However, it usually tends to bite them in the rear sooner or later.

Anyway, malicious liars do not deserve to be in a relationship till they learn to be truthful.

4 year relationship... I think I understand your feeling when you saw her profile. I had been with my ex for only a few months and his profile with a wrong age (other information was OK) made me so uncomfortable. However I feel lucky because I don't have to handle a lying partner. A lying ex is much easier to face

Deja vu, anyone?

lol this is hilarious!

Thank you Ariel. Yes I am a little crazy at this point. After seeing his profile, I started googling his ID and searching the other dating websites... I know it's stupid because what's over is over. I just can not help... I did find him on another dating site with the same wrong age. You are right I should stop thinking about this. I already closed this match.

I did register at a site some time ago but never got any interesting matchs in a few weeks so I closed my profile. I actually have no onling dating experience since I never met anyone. My friends said this website she recommended is much better than the free ones so I gave a try and the first match was my lying ex... I don't know if I want to continue...

Although it's so unattractive of a 40 year old guy to look for a 20 year old woman at least he's honest... but take three years off one's real age...

An astonishing high number of men lie about their age - it's the number one lie they tell - according to a survey you can read here: link removed

I am reading a very eye-opening book right now about lies - it's shocking that you can't even believe an "I love you" any more - or the sadly overused lie "I'll call you". I just smirk when I hear that now.

Name of the book: 101 Lies Men Tell Women (yes, it also covers common lies that WOMEN tell MEN, but men are much more apt to lie to get their short-term needs met. Sigh. My BS antennae is now way UP!

An astonishing high number of men lie about their age - it's the number one lie they tell - according to a survey you can read here: link removed

I am reading a very eye-opening book right now about lies - it's shocking that you can't even believe an "I love you" any more - or the sadly overused lie "I'll call you". I just smirk when I hear that now.

Name of the book: 101 Lies Men Tell Women (yes, it also covers common lies that WOMEN tell MEN, but men are much more apt to lie to get their short-term needs met. Sigh. My BS antennae is now way UP!

I googled "101 Lies Men Tell Women" and found I heard half of them... and I firmly believed them... how naive... lol

Archived