has anyone ever gotten back with an ex after years of Nc

Anybody out there that has gotten back say with an ex after being apart for more than 2 or 3 years and all those years of course being NC and then someone eventually made a move to contact the other.perhaps you thought about them and wonder "what if" he hadn't acted needy or clingy and everything else about them you did like.I ask because I feel that that was my case.I feel if they truly had genuine feelings for you then it is possible despite your acting desperate of course within limits,not full on hardcore harassment?

I definitely do think it's possible. I've had an ex express to me 3 years after NC that she did in fact still care for me very much and that essentially I set the bar for every man she dated after me (I was her first). So, it isn't out of the realm of possibilities (but I'd say its kind of unlikely this would happen because of the nature of how bad breakups can be). But, if it were an amicable enough breakup it could happen (of course depending on the type of person...some people will never look back, others would be willing for a 2nd go at it)

If you're waiting for this to happen, you cannot heal. As an alternative, if you're using the present to be and become your best 'you' and not worried about whether you re-connect, you improve you and your chances of re-attracting 'her'. Either way, you are better off.

Raoul

good feed back so far,I agree that their are many factors involved in reconciling with someone and one should not wait for this to happen,also self improvement should be worked on for one's own personal well being and not with the HOPE'S to someday attract the ex back which my mind is guilty of doing more than once.I sometime like to think that I really haven't yet found that special person and that now not only am I improving myself for me but also preparing myself for that person or persons I am going to meet in the future

Archived