should i get to know him even if i'll never see him again?

i work at a hotel. and 2 days ago i cleaned rooms for these 3 canadian workers that are here working for a while. all of them were real funny and friendly. the thing is they all work at night and sleep at day. when i finished cleaning their rooms one of the guys asked me to come back and talk with him after i finished working even tho he'd probably be sleeping. he seemed nice enough, and attractive so i went back and sure enough he was sleeping. but he woke up and we talked for hours. i gave him my number. then i had to get home so he asked me if i could come back. the problem is i was going to leave for vacation the very next day. i'm going to get back next monday, and he's leaving for home the day after that. i liked him so much but i'm not sure if i should hang out with him for that one day, because what if i get attached and hurt because i don't get see him again? please help me out.

a similar situation happened to me. a guy I worked with told me how he felt about me, the day before he went around the world for a YEAR! i didn't take the opportunity because i didn't want to get hurt by him going away, and I've regretted it ever since.

he's back now, and both of us are attached to other people, so i guess i'll never know what might have happened.

don't live your life by having regrets - grab what you can, when you can. no, it's not likely to last more than one day, and you might get hurt, but at least you've lived and experienced everything life has to offer you.