is ex being horrible for no reason normal "ex" behavier?

ned2010

I suspect that often they are doing it just to try to make you feel less bad about being dumped -- they've got a lot of guilt to deal with that they want to minimize. The basic explanation is cognitive dissonance -- strong feelings of guilt are incompatible with the belief that you are a good person, and so one of those two has to go, and when you have two incompatible beliefs and one puts yourself in a positive light while the other puts yourself in a negative light, the latter belief has to disappear. But its tough to hold fast to the belief that you are a good person if you are willing to not feel guilty about causing obvious suffering to someone who trusted you to care about their feelings. So, the only option left is to get the dumpee to agree that the break-up was the best course of action, and being an absolute * * * * to them helps with that.

rude,harsh or to put it simple... talk to you like scum

I'm going to disagree with those who say this is "normal", based on my own experience. What does create an atmosphere for such behavior (other than some people just being mean by their nature) is pressure, contact without detachment first, and expectations. As HeartGoesOn said, remove yourself as a target.

Archived