easier to unfriend someone on facebook than...

phasegirl

Sometimes people are angry about things you've done but they know you haven't necessarily done anything wrong (i.e. their anger isn't justified but it doesn't make them any less upset,) so they feel it might burn a bridge to completely defriend you, but they also don't want to feel horrible when they see your status or pictures on Facebook. So they hide your Facebook updates for the time being. That way, once the anger has subsided, they can just un-hide your stuff on Facebook and go about business as usual. That's why I've done it, anyway. Also, I've done that when I'm angry at someone and don't want to be reminded of them, but don't want them to get a big head that whatever they've done to me affected me so badly that I resorted to un-friending them.

Sometimes people are angry about things you've done but they know you haven't necessarily done anything wrong (i.e. their anger isn't justified but it doesn't make them any less upset,) so they feel it might burn a bridge to completely defriend you, but they also don't want to feel horrible when they see your status or pictures on Facebook. So they hide your Facebook updates for the time being. That way, once the anger has subsided, they can just un-hide your stuff on Facebook and go about business as usual. That's why I've done it, anyway. Also, I've done that when I'm angry at someone and don't want to be reminded of them, but don't want them to get a big head that whatever they've done to me affected me so badly that I resorted to un-friending them.

It's the opposite - they are hiding *their* feeds from me. I know because we have mutual friends and their Facebooks show this persons feeds, which are hidden from me.

Archived