Autumn/Winter allergies?

If allergies kick in autumn/winter and you live somewhere that's cold/snowy, the cause of the allergies is likely dust/dust mites indoors.

If dust/dust mites are an allergen, symptoms get worse during times of the year when you're inside more and the buildings are shut (no open windows, etc). Allergy symptoms can include itchy/watery eyes, respiratory issues (stuffy/runny nose, coughing), headaches, generally feeling ill/run-down. Sometimes symptoms can be controlled with OTC or prescription meds, sometimes they can't.

Why do you think your friend is avoiding you?

I'm not sure I understand the question...You think that your friend might be avoiding you because she has really bad autumn/winter allergies?

What s2s said about the symptoms is all good info. Dust can be a real pain in the a.

However, there are other reasons why some people become more unavailable during the winter months. I'm thinking maybe seasonal depression? Less sunshine and daylight (and the cold) frequently makes people reluctant to leave their warm bed/apartment.

The fact that for the past year almost, they have declined every single request to hang out. I asked if they would like to hang out today and they said "my allergies are acting up."

Reason my friend might be avoiding me.. could be because I destroyed our friendship.. Trying to mend things but things feel really fragile and I don't want to lose my friend. My depression gets worse around this time too, makes me think too much about these things.

Archived