he knows I like him, now what to talk about?

Hi. I've liked this guy for some time, and he found out a couple months ago. Since then I've had more chances to see him and talk a bit, but now that it's summer we've only talked online. And it's just small talk, like, hi, how are you, how's work, etc. We obviously wouldn't talk about personal stuff since we hardly know each other, but I'm finding it hard to come up with stuff to say to get him more interested in me. I like him for several reasons but I need to give him a reason to like me, you know? Since he knows I like him and we've chatted, should I just ask him out for coffee? And is there anything I can bring up in the conversation that will allow us to get to know each other better? All the small talk is leading nowhere. Thanks so much.

hey

first of all, good luck with this! it's nice to see someone who still has the road to some of their dreams open, so i hope it all works out for you two

yeah, talk to him in person. that way, you can get more pesonal time and it is easier to use the situation to your advantage. i think coffee would be ok, but you might want to try something more "active" too, so you two have a conversation starter right away. i would advise you to just talk to him online and try to figure out what you both like to do and make plans to do it together! good luck.

I'd suggest meeting in person as well. For conversation tips though, just find things that you guys have in common & discuss those - i.e. similar tastes in movies/TV/music/literature/school majors or classes, etc. You can also talk about your goals (where do you want to go to school next yr or where does he work) and stuff like that. Don't plan it out, just take things as they come. =)

Hope that helps,

sparrow

Thanks, you guys. I think I'll email him and ask if he wants to get together, for coffee maybe, and if that goes well hopefully we'll find out more about each other and go out again to do something else. I'll try to relax about the conversation stuff, because he's pretty easygoing and I really don't need to be nervous. Besides, I think we do have some stuff in common. Anyway, I appreciate the help!