depo prevera question!

I have been on the depo prevera shot for 6 months now and i have had so much unwanted bleeding at random times..i never have a normal period and i end up bleeding everyday..and when i have sex it hurts more than normal and i have bleeding and blood clots..i dont know if this is normal from the shot or what it is!!..please respond if u may know!

I have been on depo for over four years now. The problem with it is that you don't usually have a period, but if you finally do start to spot then it seems to last a few weeks.

I don't think there is much you can do about it but you are just starting out and I think once your body adjusts then this continuous spotting will stop like it did for me. It would happen about three time a year and last about two to three weeks for me.

Other than that I've never had bad side effects from it at all.

I was on depo and ended pregnant with my son but never had a period which was good so its strange because depo usually puts a stop to periods or makes them lighter and left often but I guess you cant count on what they say because I ended up pregnant now I am using a 10 IUD anyway have you heard of the new pill that lets you get only 4 perionds a year talk to your doc!