well it's official... I have given up on love

im sandra dee

For years I didn't look for love so I had no reason to feel disappointed.

For the past couple of years I've really been trying to find the guy for me.

I don't want to be alone anymore. I want to have someone who loves me.

But it hasn't been going well. Trying to find someone is harder than I thought.

So it's official then... I have given up on love.

So much for telling myself that "now is the right time for love".

I don't believe that anymore. It's over. I'm finished.

It doesn't have to be a bad thing, I think.

The way it looks to me, it's time for me to love myself again.

Sandra Dee, I can feel your pain. I'm sorry, dear. I wish I could say that love strikes you when you are not looking or something similar, as it has not happened for any of my currently single friends (all of whom complain more by as t he months and years pass by and they have not found anyone suitable), nor myself when I was looking for love. It seems you gave yourself a good, long break and then when you were ready, things weren't what you expected. All I can say is that it is indeed tough to meet someone with whom you are romantically compatible with and interested in. Learning to love yourself again is never a bad thing. Nonetheless, I'll have hope for you and send good vibes your way.

Sandra Dee, I can feel your pain. I'm sorry, dear. I wish I could say that love strikes you when you are not looking or something similar, as it has not happened for any of my currently single friends (all of whom complain more by as t he months and years pass by and they have not found anyone suitable), nor myself when I was looking for love. It seems you gave yourself a good, long break and then when you were ready, things weren't what you expected. All I can say is that it is indeed tough to meet someone with whom you are romantically compatible with and interested in. Learning to love yourself again is never a bad thing. Nonetheless, I'll have hope for you and send good vibes your way.

Thanks -- I feel hopeless and helpness right now. I just don't understand this at all. I've got lots of great qualities and I should have a boyfriend.

Archived