Dating a girl that I just simply can't.

Troublewithgirls

Hey eNotAlone, I am currently "talking" with a girl that I've known for a while and I feel like I'm starting to fall for her, despite the red flags that are being thrown all over the place. The problem is that her and I started off as really good friends and I'd like to preserve the bond that we once shared. I really want to break it off but I'm not sure on how to go about doing so without losing her as a friend...

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in response.

Akaye, I want to go back to being the good friends that we once were. The thing that worries me though is that she might have been so close to me because she was hoping to be more than just friends. Telling her that I want to revert back to how things were might make her distant.

The red flags that I have is that I can't trust her. She talks with a lot of guys and and I have a feeling that she may be the type to cheat (based on everything that I know about her which I rather not get into right now). In addition, she's the party type that likes to go out and hang out with friends whereas I am more of the type to stay at home with a few friends. There are quite a few more but I rather not go too far in depth into them just in case she happens to browse the forum.

Archived