New here..came for support - and to help.

Wow, you are truly an amazing man. After i read your story, i feel ashamed of myself for not being stronger when my situation is nothing like yours. You are motivational. I have no doubt you will find happiness again as long as you keep this attitude and outlook in life. And yes i agree with Autumnborn, you look fantastic i would've never thought you have a 17 years old child. Keep up the great work and pls keep sharing with the rest of us your progress.

wow - thanks, many thanks to you last 3 posters! It means a lot to me, and I'm flattered. I attribute it to a healthy/mind/body/spirit, which takes work to each and every day, but the results are awesome.....and still can't believe I didn't do some sort of damage to myself with the amount I was drinking the last few years....lol! I'm eternally grateful for my health and physical condition I'm in at my age...42.

I also can't believe at this age I face the possibility of having to start over in love, sex, affection...and everything that comes with it....but, it's out of my hands now. It's up to the universe. I've initiated NC/LC and decided that I wasn't going to hurt anymore for someone who wouldn't look me in the eye and tell me they loved me. If she finds greener grass, then so be it.

I will to - I know I will....I've probably already ran into it, and overlooked it while suffering over my wife. I hope not! I can rest knowing that I've done all I can do for our relationship, and she rejected it. Still hurts like hell but I can honestly say that each day or so, I feel a little better...stronger.

What I ask is simple; To be in love with someone who loves me too. That's what we all want, right? Let's help each other feel better. NOBODY deserves to hurt like this. I sure as hell don't, all I ever did was offer undying love to her.

As of now, it's just NC/LC and allowing myself to heal. Going running today, probably paint for my Sept. 3rd show, and help my son with homework. Simple things that 2 months ago I had trouble doing because I was hurting so much. Today, I look forward to them!

I find that 5-HTP definitely works. Also, L-Glutamine helps regulate the adrenal system... which takes a beating during times of stress. I swear by both of them.

Also, this seems obvious, but crying helps. It releases a natural tranquilizer if you can get a good cry going.

I can't write anything coherent at the moment... I'm in that "it's 4AM and I've run out tears" stage. But I add my inarticulate support to you during what must be a shockingly painful time.

My husband is an addict. We have been together for 9 years, we have been parents together to my eleven year old son, we were (are?) best friends, love the same music, movies and the same weird books. We've worked together (we're both writers and social workers), played together and been so close sometimes it feels as if part of him lives inside my heart. But... he keeps choosing his addiction over his family and the cycle of pain and reuniting, then relapse and pain is getting to be too much for me. I turned to this site after the first big mess three years ago. And now I'm back. I have no idea what the future holds. Just trying to focus on taking care of my son, going for long hikes with our dog and writing through it.

I admire your strength. Hang in there.

Archived