Jlizzy

Hmm...

I'm feeling really really insecure right now at this moment.

My boyfriend is out with his mates drinking more than he usually does and he hasn't texted me back yet.

"Chill" I hear you say. Yeah probably should but hence this message. I'm feeling very insecure for a number of reasons: a-I've been cheated on several times before in past relationships b-my current boyfriend in response to me calmly discussing my insecurity about his female friend, whom I had suspected there was something in the air (I eventually realised it was how they spoke to each other at times with prolongued held gazes leaving me feeling a little bit like eh hello, I'm here too) and eventually a few months later he referred to her as "a missed bus", he eventually manipulated our nights of meeting up once in order to try and meet her on our night of not meeting. He did readily admit meeting her but I was not impressed that he went behind my back like that. c-Very early on in the relationship he said something like "I would never hit on another woman, but if another woman hit on me I couldn't promise I would stay faithful" (he has since dismissed this), d-he told me about 3 months ago that he doesn't feel the same as I do as regards to me loving him (he has since said he feels better about us but still at over a year can't tell me he loves me) e-of all my relationships, he's most inclined to look at other women and of late I feel he's a bit more keen to eg watch a movie with a sexy woman in it.

Having said that, he's absolutely fantastic, looks after me, cooks for me, looks out for me, cuddles me etc etc but I can't help but feel this horrible insecurity taking hold from time to time and it really has me in its claws right now!

It doesn't help that we're heading off for a month on tuesday afternoon and I've been left to do all the research, he continously claimed over the last week how he was going to work on it and never did now he's out getting utterly pissed when tomorrow is our last day to prepare

Help! Am I just being over the top here?

On the drinking part, how often is he going out to drink? Any possibility of drinking problem?

What he did to go around your back to see this girl sounds very disrespectful and that alone would've been a deal breaker for me personally. When he told you about if a woman hit on him and he can't promise to be faithful you should've ran. Who says that?!

You do have every right to be suspicious.

I hate to say this but I honestly think that he has seen your insecurities, latched onto them and has used them to throw back in your face.

Im an insecure person when im in a relationship, always have been but your boyfriend should see this and do everything possible to banish that feeling.

As for the other girl, 'a missed bus' double whammy of disrespect for you and the other girl.

He sounds like an idiot which will be hard to hear as you obviously love him but how can he love you when he can say things like that??

Archived